Monday, August 29, 2011

These 9 Months are Over?!


I have officially carried a baby full term.  It's kind of bittersweet now that it's all coming to an end.  I have to admit, pregnancy hasn't been my favorite.  I've had a hard time adjusting to these changes.  I'm very thankful that I was able to carry a child to full term.  I've always been told that you will either LOVE being pregnant or you will HATE it. I haven't totally hated it.  I just don't think I expected my hormones to be this bad.  Who knew that one could go from being totally happy one minute to crying the next.

First Trimester

I took my pregnancy test on January 6, 2011.  I had a hunch that I was pregnant.  Little did I know, as soon as I peed on that stick.. the positive sign showed right up.  My little peanut was with me all during the month of December.  I just didn't even know it.  Morning sickness reared its ugly little head about a week after I found out I was pregnant.  I wasn't one of those that had it every morning during the first trimester.  Yes, there were some things I found I couldn't eat.  I still cannot eat them to this day.  I remember eating and sucking on starbursts, airheads, and sour candy.  Those are the only things that would take my nausea away.  

We told Lilly that she was going to have a brother or sister about a month after I found out I was pregnant.  We wanted to wait until the right time.  I had no idea how she was going to take it.  She was very surprised about it and wanted to know every little detail.  I didn't really know how and when to tell my co-workers at the time I was pregnant.

We had our first ultrasound on January 28, because of a fall that happened while I was working.  I can't believe how tiny he looked.  The ultrasound tech said he looked like a little gummy bear.  This is where we got that name from.

Second Trimester

My love for food was starting to begin.  During this stage in the game, we found out that our sweet little gummy bear was a little boy.  The name game began.  It took us forever to find the perfect name.  In all reality, Lilly was the one to come up with the name Brady.  He will have the same name as his daddy, but he will be called Brady.  

During my second trimester, I honestly didn't have a lot of symptoms.  About a month into my second trimester, we made the decision to keep Lilly at home and for me not to work.  We saved money by not having her in daycare, which is always a plus. But then again, there was that feeling of having her away from her friends.  All in all she adjusted pretty well to staying at home and we felt like that was the best decision.

I think this was the best trimester of my pregnancy.  I first felt him kick, flutter, and have the hiccups.  Being able to feel your baby move like that is the best feeling in the world.

Third Trimester

This has been the most eventful trimester yet.  I slowed down sooooo much.  I couldn't bend over or walk up the steps without getting winded.  The summer heat didn't really help out either.  I think this was the hottest summer that I have ever been through. And it would be the summer that I was pregnant!  Fatigue set in sooo bad.  I cannot express how tired I have felt over the past 2 months.  

I had a lot of issues with my crappy bladder and my irritated uterus.  They were causing me to have contractions countless times, which then led to countless L&D visits.  Needless to say, this hasn't been my favorite trimester. 

I'm at the end and I cannot wait to meet my sweet little boy in the morning.  Now here's to hoping I can get some sleep! 

Photobucket 




No comments:

Post a Comment