Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tall Tales of the Angry Uterus...

Let's see, where do I start?  Well, this past Thursday I woke up not feeling very well.  I just went through my day and hoped that it would get better.  By the afternoon, I had these awful pains in my lower abdomen area.  I sat down and relaxed to see if it would help.  Needless to say, it didn't work.  Nothing that I did seemed to do anything. I called my doctor and he told me to go ahead and come to L&D at the hospital.  Of course, I was scared because I had no idea what was going on.  We got in a room very quick.  They put the fetal monitor on baby and the other one to monitor my contractions.  It turns out that I was having contractions, so I had to have the medicine to stop the contractions.  And they gave me meds for pain.  So far, so good I thought.  We were in and out in about 2 hours.  Of course the medicine made me very very sleepy!  So I went home and went to bed.

Friday morning was normal, I woke up feeling groggy from the meds that I was given.  I proceeded to sleep all day.   *Big thank you to Brad for letting me sleep!*  I felt normal Friday night, ate Chinese, and hung out with Brad all night. 

Saturday was pretty much normal for the most part.  After Lilly got home from her mom's we took her swimming in the pool.  I'm not gonna lie, she got really tired!  I had planned to cook dinner Saturday night, but my side pain, and Lilly had other plans.  My right side was killing me, and I thought "Oh, no.. not this again.."  Lilly had fallen asleep at 7:30pm that night watching a movie and she didn't get up until 10:30 the next morning!  Talk about a tired girl!  Anyways.. I had taken some tylenol for my side to see if that would relieve any pain in my side and it did to an extent.  I went to sleep saturday in a little bit of pain.  I was just hoping that it would be better in the morning.

I wake up Sunday and it hurt to walk.. I just felt better if I sat down.  That's pretty much what I did all day.  I got up early, then took a nap around 2.  The pains just kept getting worse and worse.  So, I had to call my doctor again and they told me to go ahead and go to the hospital AGAIN. 

We get up to the hospital and get in a room very quick.  I love my hospital, by the way.  Nurses and doctors are awesome.  But anyway, they put the same monitors on me and I was still having contractions.  This time they were a bit stronger.  Long story short, I had a bladder infection that I had no clue about.  I've been on antibiotics, meds to help me sleep, pain meds, ugh.. I don't like being on so many different medications!  I've been in the hospital since Sunday night, and hoping to go home tomorrow/today. (Tuesday)  So keep Brady boo in your prayers!  He still needs to cook for just a little bit longer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment