Friday, May 20, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Cajun Chicken Pasta

One of my favorite blogs is Kelly's Korner and she always hosts 'Show Us Your Life Fridays.'  This weeks theme is Main Course recipes.  I am a cooking freak!  I love cooking!  I'm not a picky eater, but Brad and Lilly both are.  One of my personal favorite recipes is Cajun Chicken Pasta.  I worked at Chili's as a waitress in college and I always loved it there.  I found a recipe and kind of made it my own.  Personally, I think it's much better!

via allrecipes.com
Cajun Chicken Pasta
1/2 pound of penne pasta or the pasta of your choice
4 boneless chicken breasts halved, sliced into strips
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
1/4 cup of butter
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
-I also use mushrooms, but I don't really measure out how many I use!
-The original recipe also called for green onions, but I left them out!
3 cups of heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
salt and pepper
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
-Parmesan cheese (I have used the shredded kind)
-I also have added diced tomatoes because I love them so much!

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
  3. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
  4. In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
--This recipe originally came from http://allrecipes.com, but I have kind of made it my own!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment